Fumba at a glance…
• 26 spacious whitewashed bungalows with private veranda
• 20 Deluxe rooms, 4 Suites, 2 Baobab suites
• Spacious open-air restaurant and bar area
• Excellent restaurant serving a nice mixture of international and local cuisine
• Dhow beach bar, with happy hour
• Swimming pool with great ocean view
• “Baobab Spa” – offering massages, feet & hand beauty treatments, jacuzzi and henna painting
• Dive centre, exclusive for guests offering diving, dive courses, snorkelling
• Wind surfing and kayak rentals.
Between 1671 and 1677 William Penn made trips to Germany on behalf of the Quaker faith, resulting in a German settlement that was symbolic in two ways: it was a specifically German-speaking ward, and it comprised religious dissenters. Pennsylvania has remained the heartland for various branches of Anabaptists: Old Order Mennonites, Ephrata Cloisters, Brethren, and Amish. Pennsylvania also became home for many Lutheran refugees from Catholic provinces (., Salzburg), as well as for German Catholics who also had been discriminated against in their home country.